Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old September 5th, 2005, 12:57 AM

O/S: MacOS
SFV file? movie wont play

iv got this movie on my computer, it could be avi, mpeg im not sure (is there a way of identifying a file type?) with it is a SFV file

the movie does not play, in any player i have, im sure there is something that the SFV file is for, i have googled it, but im still not sure what im suppose to do
Old September 5th, 2005, 01:41 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
In response to your (is there a way of identifying a file type?), I believe that you can right click it (if it is in something like my movies) aand go to properties, but....

A googled reply says that SFV's check the integrity of files..... that they are not movie files....
Old September 5th, 2005, 07:38 PM

O/S: MacOS
(when i right click on a file it just says winamp media file, theres never any info on the actual file/s)

i have worked out that the movie file is AVI, but why would an AVI file not work? could it be curupt? if so what software can i use to repair an AVI file?