Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old June 15th, 2006, 07:33 PM

converting movie clips to another format so my dvd player will play it

i downloaded some videos and i burned them on a CD-R. it plays in windows media player. i opened properties and the type says: movie clip.
my dvd player doesnt say anything about playing wma files jsut mp3 and jpeg. is there anyways i can convert the files so its playable?
Old June 18th, 2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shann13
i downloaded some videos and i burned them on a CD-R. it plays in windows media player. i opened properties and the type says: movie clip.
my dvd player doesnt say anything about playing wma files jsut mp3 and jpeg. is there anyways i can convert the files so its playable?

ahh, video conversion....

Do you want them to play on a DVD player? What type of DVD player do you have? I doubt it will play wma (which is what I assume the file is)

Well, then, your best bet would be to first convert them in AVI. If you have Windows XP, you most likely have windows movie maker installed somewhere. Look for it in program files.

If you have it, open it and upload the movie file. Go to file, Save movie as.
Save it to disk (I suggest saving it to desktop for easy access), think of a name to call it. Once you get to file type, go to advaced options, and scroll down the file types until you get to AVI (it will have a couple numbers/letters next to it. As long as, in the information box at the botton, it refers to the type as Advanced Interlace Video, that is the file type you want).

Save the file. It will take a while, and most likely the computer won't let you do anything else.

Now you have an .avi file. Make sure it plays with correct sound and everthing before we go on. If your Windows Media player yells at you about lacking a codec, please go to
http://www.divx.com/
and download the codec and/or the entire media player. It is free.

After this step, I cannot explain the conversion well enough for it to be understandbe -_-". Please follow the tutorial here:
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/avi2dvdr.htm
About how to continue to burn your DVD using various freeware. Any further questions might be better directed at doom9 forums, as those forums deal exclusively with audio/video media.

I hope that helped!
Old June 18th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Banned

O/S: Windows XP Home
if you have downloaded pirated movies CTH will be unable to help you.
Old June 19th, 2006, 12:45 AM

no they weren't illegal movies, just some home videos from friends n family that i'm trying to get my new dvd player to play.
Old June 19th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Banned

O/S: Windows XP Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by shann13
no they weren't illegal movies, just some home videos from friends n family that i'm trying to get my new dvd player to play.
Sorry we have to ask these questions No offence meant