Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows ME

Notices

Windows ME Problem solving for the Windows ME Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 13th, 2004, 07:26 PM

ME Shutdown issue.

When I go to shut down my PC it does one of two things, it either restarts instead of shutting down, or it closes out to a screen with peach colored vertical bars. If I shut off the power at either the bars or the time between the restart when the screen is black it doesn't run scandisk at startup. Still I just want it to shutdown correctly. It can't be good for things to run that way. What's the deal? It started doing this a few months ago, and has continued even after a clean install. (which ain't so clean when it comes to ME)

It's been suprisingly stable if a little buggy lately though. it only crashed once this week!! Otherwise strange things have been happening like the mouse moving very slowly or being jumpy in games at times. If I restart the game it's fine.

I also never got the onboard sound to work on my A7N8X Dlx. (can't see the rev number from here, my video card is in the way) I don't worry about it too much. I jsut installed my SBLIVE! again. (I HATE creative cards though) Enough complaining
Old January 14th, 2004, 11:57 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Check here for shutdown troubleshooting info. Maybe something there will help.