Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old January 6th, 2016, 02:48 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Ie help dell dimension 3000 xp

Hi guys.... been a while. I have restored the factory settings on a perfectly running Dimension 3000 with XP I intended to give to my daughter.

After the seemingly successful restore and uninstall of the factory AOL and Mcafee stuff I tried to get on the internet through IE to load a free source OS and other free virus software etc. but can't get through. I have an ethernet cable directly from my Windstream router to the Dell, says it's "Acquiring Network Address" and just keeps trying??

I tried calling Windstream first to obtain IP, Subnet Mask, default gateway and DNS server info which they provided; then it said I was connected but wouldn't let me on the internet, get the "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error.

What have I done? Please help.

wes