Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old April 6th, 2014, 06:09 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Logitech Webcam Software Issue

Hey all,

I'm really hoping someone can help me with my issue.

I have a Logitech C920 Webcam, i used to work no problem on the computer. The webcam is used for employment purposes and as we capture images must be able to move the webcam around, to do this we needed to use the camera controller software that's part of the Logitech Webcam Software.

Recently the software has stopped detecting the webcam in general; the webcam is still recognized by the computer, at least in some way, as when you load up a program like Skype the webcam will still transmit your image, but the Logitech Software, the stuff we need, always says no webcam detected. I have tried various 3rd party camera software, but the odd thing is those did not detect the webcam either.

After trying various solutions (clean uninstall/reinstall of the software, various versions of the software i.e. older versions) I stumbled across something that did work, though it's not a true solution. The only thing I found thus far myself to make the Logitech Webcam Software detect the webcam was to do to the device manager and under Universal Serial Bus Controllers I disable the "Standard Enhanced PSI to USB Host Controller". Disabling this did make the webcam detectable by the software but it changed all my USB ports to 1.1 as opposed to 2.0. Obviously that's something we can't let stay, so I re-enabled the controller and the webcam of course is no longer detectable.

I contacted Logitech support about this issue on March 17th; I've followed up with them many times but always receive the same answer "your issue has been escalated from our tech support team to our engineering team". Even after stressing that without the webcam my wife is out of work they don't' seem in any hurry to assist. The webcam worked for 6 months perfectly fine, and now it doesn't. The webcam DOES still work on another computer and the software recognizes it no problem on another computer, so something's happened to my wife's computer that has caused the webcam to stop being detected by its' software.

Is there anyone out there who can offer me some assistance?

Thanks!
Old April 7th, 2014, 01:51 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
By far the simplest fix is to use System Restore to roll back Windows to a point in time when everything when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

If that doesn't help, try restoring an earlier system image or backup.

No suitable restore point, backup, or image available? Kick yourself -- you missed the easy solution, and you're left with digging through Windows' many settings.
Old April 7th, 2014, 05:51 PM

Doc,

Thanks for responding; I apologize I did not mention that earlier. I have tried system restores and they error out every time. Unfortunately I do not have a system backup or image available.

Looks like I'm kicking myself...any suggestions or instructions on where to move to from here?
Old April 7th, 2014, 09:24 PM

Try using Revo Uninstaller (free version) to totally uninstall everything Logitech, reboot and then reinstall the Logitech software.

If that doesn't work, try Langa's Window 7 no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall.

If that also fails, backup her stuff, re-install Windows, all available Windows updates, an Anti-Virus, all of her programs and then restore her stuff.

Once you get it running right, make a backup.
Old April 10th, 2014, 04:21 AM

Looks like I had to re-install windows, etc.

I appreciate the advice/assistance, wish something would have worked but I've decided to do the reinstall.

Thank you Doc.
Old April 10th, 2014, 12:57 PM

You're welcome.