Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old January 14th, 2010, 01:11 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Question Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 - Installation Issues?

Well, something I did not want to happen - acquisition of a webcam when next year I was going to purchase a new computer w/ one built into the monitor!

Our son sent my wife (for her BD) the above webcam (pic below) because she wanted to see him while on the phone - OK, but I told her that we will soon have one; now, I'm in the middle of her desire to install this new HW on an old XP Dell computer?

Of course, my first duty is to go to the Logitech website and download the 'newest' software for this device rather than use the disc that came in the package - no big deal! This device appears to work w/ a number of IM options, including Yahoo, so will try that first.

But I'd appreciate any advice from those who may have this webcam and have used it successfully on their XP computers - comments, suggestions, warnings, etc. Thanks all -