Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:04 PM

What has Logitech webcam software done to my computer (hang at startup)?

Hi. Damn I wish I hadn't bought this thing. I bought a Logitech QuickCam Family webcam and since then my computer hangs on startup for about thirty seconds just as the desktop loads. The wallpaper appears, then nothing for thirty second then everything else appears.

So seeing as how I was so appalled by the quality of the picture and performance and not to mention the dozen or so little apps it wanted to load I removed everything with Add/Remove software, the software and the drivers, then the camera and rebooted. But it's still hanging! What did this horrible thing do to my machine and how can I fix it?

I ran a program on the disk called CleanupQC9 that is supposed to remove everything that was installed but it still hangs.

I removed every Logitech entry in the registry but it sill does it.

I'd appreciate any help.

Windows XP service pack 2
The CD is labelled Quickcam 9.b but the packaging doesn't give a model number other than Quickcam family.

Last edited by Phil5000; December 10th, 2006 at 01:33 AM.
Old December 10th, 2006, 01:36 AM

The computer seems to be performing ok, and I've made sure there's nothing trying to start when I boot the machine, but the desktop is still taking forty seconds to load when normally it would pop into life immediately.

Can't someone help me with this?

I tried Logitechs website to see if there was anything there and the website is unbelievably slow, and I gave up after waiting for five minutes for each page to load.

I can't tell you how much I regret buying this thing.