Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old June 30th, 2002, 09:06 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Unhappy Anything Else--Mobile phone problems

I think, perhaps this is what this forum's about. Nothing to do with computers, but I'm hoping there are enough techies out there who might be able to help with a strange problem. I've got an Ericsson T39 phone which I love dearly--when it's on. Problem is, sporadically and for no apparent reason, it shuts down. Sometimes on the car kit, sometimes sitting on my desk--just turns itself off. It will function beautifully for a week or ten days, then goes into the shutdown cycle and powers down 5-10 times per day.

Now here's the strange bit--I had the handset and battery replaced by Ericsson two weeks ago--worked for a week and went back into intermittent shutdown mode. I then had a new sim card produced--same result. There's nothing left to change and I still have the same problem.

As you might expect, I can't get a tech assistance phone number for Ericsson in UK, so haven't been able to discuss this with a human being.

Sorry if I'm off the track with this thread, but has anyone experienced the same sort of difficulties or does Ericsson have a secret UK helpline number I can tap into??

Thanks in advance for any help rendered.

Smokey
Old July 1st, 2002, 01:45 AM

Sounds like it's got some problems, whhen did you buy this phone????
Old July 1st, 2002, 09:29 AM

Silver Rabbit

I've had it for about four months--purchased through a reputable dealer and, as I mentioned, they have replaced the handset and battery. No change, though--it has a mind of its own.

Cheers

Smokey
Old July 1st, 2002, 09:54 AM

From all that I read, I am hearing nothing but good things about it,
Well sorry to tell you this but I am not a phone expert, but I am an expert in buying droken junk,
Tell me, when you first noticed the problem Y did you not demand a replacement, it could just be that it is broken....
There must be some kind of warranty.
If it has only been that short bit of time a replacement should be no problem.
And if "reputable dealer" is your way of saying alley way set-up then tough luck on you.

When in doubt,
take it back, if they want take it back, CRAM IT DOWN THEIR THROAT.
Old July 1st, 2002, 10:08 AM

Silver Rabbit

Let's try this again--yes, I demanded a replacement and they gave it to me. The fact that I'm having precisely the same problem with two brand new handset/battery combinations and a newly-generated sim card indicates to me that the hardware's probably OK and perhaps there's something wrong with the profile I've entered into the phone--that's why I'm looking for advice.

Smokey
Old July 1st, 2002, 11:39 AM

LOL,,,,as I said I am not a phone expert, and I say good bye and good luck