Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old January 2nd, 2005, 06:10 AM

Exclamation Trojan in system restore

some time ago you helped me get rid of a trojan, I couldn't really get rid of it but there is a pop up message I get all the time that says i have it in my system restore. can u help me get it out? do i need 2 send u a hijack this log file?
thanks

Marcelo
Old January 2nd, 2005, 06:58 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi Marcelo, to get rid of it, you will have to disable System Restore and then re-enable it. See instructions here.