Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old November 10th, 2004, 12:54 PM

Lightbulb Fresh Download Doesn't download

I downloaded that new program cause somenone told me it's add-clean.And so it is but with the only and biggest problem that i can't download any file.I checked everything from the options tab but everything looks ok.Is there anyone that allready has the program and knows how it works.Ohh and yes,i did the registration
Cesari
Old November 10th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Hi,

What problems are you having?

Checkout this thread for download managers
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...ad.php?t=56465
Old November 11th, 2004, 11:34 AM

hi degsy,
i read the link u suggested to me and more or less i've tried almost all download managers.I had dap which was working perfectly but i hate the ads.All i want is a clean program and Fresh Download is one of those.Now my problem with freshDownload is that it doesn't load on it's own and when i start it, it won't stabilize a connection.And plus when i right click on the download link i don't have the choise *download with .. ! More or less is like is not there.
Cesari
Old November 11th, 2004, 03:07 PM

I've never used the program myself.

Is it compatible with your OS and Browser?
Are the files you are trying to download compatible? Some sites have protection against download managers.
Old November 15th, 2004, 12:12 PM

There is nothing than can make me say that this program is worth it using it.In times it runs ok but then again are times that it won't start at all.So i guess i will stay with my old Dap that it never left me down .
*Why do we want to change the good things?
Cesari
Old November 15th, 2004, 05:03 PM

thanks for the update
Old November 15th, 2004, 09:19 PM

Smile hi cesari

try using internet download accelerator

gen. info
Internet Download Accelerator is a highly productive download manager for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me,Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and Windows XP.

The distinguishing features of Internet Download Accelerator are superior overall performance and convenient user interface.

Internet Download Accelerator lets you to noticeably increase the speed of file download from the Internet using HTTP, HTTPS and FTP protocols. The acceleration is achieved by splitting a file being downloaded into several parts and downloading these parts at the same time. Internet Download Accelerator resumes broken downloads from where they left off from both HTTP, HTTPS and FTP servers.

To increase usability Internet Download Accelerator integrates with Internet Explorer, Nescape, Mozilla and Opera, replacing the standard download modules. Moreover, the program monitors the system clipboard and detects URLs in the clipboard.

Power and useful tool for management of download categories. Possiblity of automatic file type detection with automatic file placement to the specified categories. Unlimited number of categories and hierarchy levels.

Highest download speed
- intellectual multi-section download. Internet Download Accelerator dynamically splits a file being downloaded into several sections and downloads all the sections at the same time. It increases the speed of download up to 500%;
- automatically restarts download when download speed decreases which helps to avoid stoppage;
- download speed control with automatic mode making web-surfing more comfortable.
Rich options of integration
- monitoring the clipboard;
- integration with Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 and above, Nescape 6.0 and above, Mozilla, Opera 4.0 and above;
- integration with anti-virus programs;
- toolbar for Internet Explorer.

You can find the last version of the program, language files, and a lot of useful information on the official web site of the program: http://www.westbyte.com/ida/

Last edited by zack_rage; November 15th, 2004 at 09:22 PM.
Old November 17th, 2004, 01:21 PM

thanks zack_rage, i might check this program in time, it looks ok,but now i use the DAP manager which is great .