Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old May 24th, 2004, 02:07 PM

Multiple Disk Failures

Hi all i have and AMD machine and have been experiencing some problems with crashes so I remove the crappy windows ME disease and install a brand new shiny copy of XP Pro. This worked sweat for an hour and the machine rebooted and did the checking disk screen, counted to hundred and displayed the blue screen of death. I try reinstalling to the drive and windows wont recognise it as a drive.

Que new drive. So i replace the hard drive and it seems to work ok again untill the day after and i have the same problem. I replace the new hardrive with my storage drive from my other pc and this runs sweet for aprox a month and the dreaded drive killing unkown strikes again.

I thought this could be a virus but seems a little extreme as it has occured on fresh drives and the pc is tooled up to the hilt with firewalls and virus protection.

Hope you can help
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:21 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
are you able to get into safemode?
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:45 AM

No hardrives were trueley trashed untill they were put into another machine. Once the error occurs the drive dosnt work in the machine it has recieved the error on.