Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old January 23rd, 2004, 08:13 PM

Unhappy power quest drive image 7.0

help!!
downloaded drive image 7.0 on a recommendation. this backup software program was just acquired by symantec so i figured it was copesthetic. have been needing to create a backup so i decided to dive right in. at their request i also downloaded net framework from msn, required they said to run their program. everything was going just fine and i was on backup disk #21 (CD-R) when the message appeared "verifying backup file" a minute or so later another message requesting me to insert the first disk of the backup set, which i did. it then stopped, opened the drive door and asked me to reinsert the last disk of the backup set, which i did. did this twice. then an error message " ERROR E7D1001E, incorrect function (OxE7D1001E). anyone got an idea? please don't tell me these 21 cd-r's are now trash?! their tech support site had no listings for that particular error message and i have yet to receive a response from my e-mail.
Old January 24th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

With backups that big you may aswell pay out for a DVD Writer or another HDD.

I suspect the error or verifying files is because the system has changed while processing the previous 20 cd's.