Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old June 25th, 2018, 07:47 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
How do I find someone I gave remote access to my PC ?

I need help finding out if the person I gave remote access to my PC is still accessing my PC . I am now using the Windows 10 free upgrade . Thanks for any help you can give me .
Old June 25th, 2018, 03:35 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
  1. Type "remotesettings" in the Cortana search box and select Allow remote access to your computer. This action seems counterintuitive, but it opens the Control Panel dialog for Remote System Properties.
  2. Check Don’t Allow Remote Connections to This Computer.
Old June 25th, 2018, 06:35 PM

OK it was still enabled and now disabled !!! Thank you very much for your help . I allowed these people many months ago because I Thought I was calling PC Matic and they ask for access to my PC and when they ask for money , I ask who is this and they said Microsoft !! I knew then I have been had !! Thanks again Murf .....so they will not have access to my PC as of today ..right .
Old June 25th, 2018, 10:01 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
CORRECT. Lot of scam folks out there. I would never give anyone access to my PC. If they want money you are giving them a license to get whatever info they are looking for.

There may be sights out there that can help.I don't know because obviously I do not use them. GOOGLE is your friend and generally you can find a solution to a problem.
Old July 24th, 2018, 07:29 PM

I once made a guy cry, in India of course, on the other end of the phone from calling me claiming to be my ISP (just from "my ISP" not by name) and that I had a virus on my systems causing problems. After I gave him some technobabble for 20m, he started breaking down how he has to make these calls to lie to people so he can support his family.
Now, I understand humans have to support their family by whatever means, since costs go up, checks go down, jobs go away.... but not by lying, stealing, killing, or squishing Twinkies.
Old July 25th, 2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTrek View Post
I once made a guy cry, in India of course, on the other end of the phone from calling me claiming to be my ISP (just from "my ISP" not by name) and that I had a virus on my systems causing problems. After I gave him some technobabble for 20m, he started breaking down how he has to make these calls to lie to people so he can support his family.
Now, I understand humans have to support their family by whatever means, since costs go up, checks go down, jobs go away.... but not by lying, stealing, killing, or squishing Twinkies.
That's good the way it happened for you ! Mine actually happened about 2 years ago .... I had bought the program from the TV called PC Matic and loved it for about one month . Then I decided I wanted my money back and sent them a message and never heard anything for some time so I googled for a phone number for them . Never could find anything then after many searches ....There It Was ....a number for them ! I called and they wanted in my PC and I allowed it and they showed me some stuff and then started talking about money . I said I had just bought the program and was not paying nothing ! Then I said , " Who Is This " ? The man said Microsoft ....I hung up the phone and forced off the PC ....I knew I had been had !! Sorry so long but this is the story !