Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Windows 8 Problem solving for the Windows 8 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old February 3rd, 2015, 09:56 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
window 8 or window 10

Hello Everyone,

I am going to buy a new laptop for me. I am confused with window 8 or window 10. I used window 7. I don't know about Window 8 or 10. Which will be best for my upcoming laptop.

Help me guys who used both, My basic uses on the laptop is an Internet and gaming.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 05:14 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Welcome to CTH

Windows 10 is currently in Technical Preview, consumers could download through the Microsoft's Windows Insider program.

It will ship later this year for the consumer.

I would not run a "Preview" or beta as the only operating system. If you have Windows 8.1, indications are Windows 10 will be a "Free" upgrade. So if buying new now I would get Windows 8.1. Also ensure that the Windows you get is 64bit. This will take advantage of memory over 4GB.
Old February 5th, 2015, 10:33 AM

Thanks you Murf your valuable reply, I will see window 8.1 details more
Old February 5th, 2015, 11:44 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
stick with what comes with the computer until win10 is released. you can always use classic shell to give it a winxp or win7 look.

http://www.classicshell.net/

as previous mentioned there are still too many unknowns with the win10 technical released. the last update uninstalled several third party programs that I installed. There were other changes they were trying out so it would be difficult to run it on a computer that is needed for other things.
Old February 6th, 2015, 10:14 AM

Thanks for your reply

You both are saying that win10 is not completed yet. But I saw some peoples are using that now too. How can they use that then?
Old February 6th, 2015, 10:48 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneViews View Post
You both are saying that win10 is not completed yet. But I saw some peoples are using that now too. How can they use that then?
It is NOT completed. It is still in the testing stage. Anyone can download and run it but they will have to put up with any and all problems it may cause. It is risky if you have it on your main computer. You can lose files, programs, your contact list, your emails or any other file you cannot afford to lose at any time. Microsoft can even decide to lock everyone out at anytime and there is absolutely nothing you can do since you agreed to it. also it may also require new drivers for some printers, wifi adapters, etc which may not be available yet.

If you install it, you do so at your own risk. If you run a cross a problem, we may or may not be able to help since it could be a bug and there are not always work arounds.
Old February 10th, 2015, 10:17 AM

Thanks for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
It is NOT completed. It is still in the testing stage. Anyone can download and run it but they will have to put up with any and all problems it may cause. It is risky if you have it on your main computer. You can lose files, programs, your contact list, your emails or any other file you cannot afford to lose at any time. Microsoft can even decide to lock everyone out at anytime and there is absolutely nothing you can do since you agreed to it. also it may also require new drivers for some printers, wifi adapters, etc which may not be available yet.

If you install it, you do so at your own risk. If you run a cross a problem, we may or may not be able to help since it could be a bug and there are not always work arounds.
Thanks renegade600, Now I fully understand about the window 10. I will later when it fully completed, Now now
Old March 13th, 2015, 10:33 AM

Windows 10 have many new features compare to windows8.
windows 10 have spartan browser,cortana, technical preview,universal apps, multiple desktop etc features so according to me windows 10 is best for you.
Old March 13th, 2015, 06:36 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Really don't understand you post. Windows 10 as said is in development stage and still has many bugs. How can you determine it is best when it isn't fully developed and all the bugs worked out.