Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 16th, 2010, 09:39 PM

Thumbs up Antimalware doctor

I have a Dell Dimension Table top with window xp . I have Antimalware Doctor pop up on my Pc saying " Antimalware Doctor has deceted 14 infected objects on your computer during last scan .
I don't know where this program came from and I can't delete it , when I try to delete it i got the following message " Application cannot be executed.the file newsecureapp 70700.exe is infected.do you want to activate your antivirus software now yes no ."
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Antimalware Doctor is itself malware and it can be a bear to remove.

Before plunging in to try to get rid of it on your own...which can create an even bigger wreck...head over to our Malware Removal forum to get expert help in eliminating it.
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:04 AM

Jerry,

Go to another computer and download MalwareBytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/) and put it onto a USB jumpdrive or some medium that you can transfer the installer over with.

Reboot your infected computer into Safe Mode (reboot and tap the F8 key until you get a series of boot options - select Safe Mode). Make sure the USB stick is available to be seen on the computer and install the MalwareBytes software. Once it's installed, run Malwarebytes and do a full scan. Anything that is found should be cleaned.

After that, reboot your computer, the Antimalware should be at least a little less obtrusive. Relaunch Malwarebytes and update the definitions file before doing another full scan.

Once both scans are done you should be reasonably clean. The scans are going to take a while - I've seen upwards of an hour to an hour and a half just to do one scan.

After that, make sure you go out and do all of the Windows updates that your system can take and make sure your antivirus software is current as well.

Brian
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:35 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks very much ibgarrett.
I followed your instructions and the computer seems to be o.k now but i am still going to do the prework.
Old August 17th, 2010, 06:56 PM

Thumbs up

The computer seems to be fine but I can't get on the internet.
When i try i get the following message "The proxy server is refusing connections" Firefox is configured to use a proxy that is refusing connections , that is for Firefox.
Internet explorer says " Internet explorer cannot display the website.

When I checked network connections it says " Status working properly"
Connected : Speed,100.0 Mbps
Duration: 00:15.05