Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old August 15th, 2010, 03:48 AM

Cannot use progams, security suite malware.

I apologise if this is the wrong place, I have recently been infected with the Antimalware Doctor malware which I have removed. However there is still something called "Security suite" which pops up as a fake scanner upon booting up. This thing stops me from using any program, even the task manager, so I am using SAFE MODE at the moment. Please help as I am very worried. Thanks.
Old August 15th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Malware Removal Team

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Hello Sunderland06 and welcome to CTH

Before we can do anything we must first end the processes that belong to Security Tool so that it does not interfere with the cleaning procedure. To do this, download the following file to your Desktop.
rkill.com
By grinler

As this infection probably hides the Windows desktop, we need to open up a window that allows us to see the icons.

If you are using Windows XP perform the following steps:
Click on the Start button and then click on the Run menu item. When the Run box opens, type %UserProfile%\desktop in the Open: field and then press Enter on your keyboard.
If you are in Windows Vista or Windows 7 perform the following steps.
Click on the Start button and type %UserProfile%\desktop in the Search field at the bottom of the start menu. Then press Enter on your keyboard.
You should now see a window that shows all of your desktop icons, including the rkill.com program. Now double-click on the rkill.com in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Security Tool and other Rogue programs. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. So, please try running Rkill until malware is no longer running. You will then be able to proceed with the rest of the guide.

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.

Now you should be able to download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, or MBAM, from the following location and save it to your desktop:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
Here
to your desktop.

Double-click mbam-setup and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.

NB. If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Please post malwarebyte log.