Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows 98

Notices

Windows 98 Problem solving for the Windows 98 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old July 25th, 2003, 02:50 PM

Question system doesnt recognise cd

i recently had a cd burner installed, but it keeps playing up. when i put in a burned cd and click on that drive to view it, it says that drive doesnt exist. i think its windows 98SE that doesnt recognise the new hardware all the time. i would be grateful for any help but please make it easy for me to understand as i am not that clever when it comes to computers. thanks.
Old July 25th, 2003, 02:53 PM

O/S: MacOS
Do you have another CD drive installed as well? If so, it may be the jumper settings on one or both drives need to be changed. Check your manuals to find out how the jumpers should be set. Ideally, the burner should be set as master and if you have an additional cd drive it should be set as slave.