Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old March 29th, 2008, 04:01 PM

Unhappy Deleted User Administrator Account

I recently acquired a computer from my job. I want to get rid of all the network server crap and just use it at home. I inadvertently deleted or lost the user account for administrator. Now it won't let me do anything. I can't even defrag because I don't have administrator access. HOW can I get another user on this machine so I can make it the administrator. It won't even show an option to create a new account. Any help would be appreciated, as you can see I'm not real sharp on these things. Thanks
Old March 29th, 2008, 11:07 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
You'd most likely have to contact your employer and ask if they cangive you the info' required, or if it's a Windows computer, contact MS explaining the situation and seeing if they can do anything for you.
Old March 31st, 2008, 01:47 AM

Thanks for helping, thats what I'll probably have to do.