Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:41 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
What upgrades does my computer need to play the latest games?

I need to upgrade my computer to be able to play Splinter Cell Double Agent and other PC games that are out on the market or will be in the next couple of years. What do these upgrades need to look like? Current specs are: AMD Athlon XP 2200+; 1.8 GHz; Memory: 1.5 GB; 80 GB hard drive; NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra
Old July 28th, 2007, 09:37 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Definitely a new graphics cards - Either GeForce 7 or 8 series. I assume most newer games will start coming out on DX10, So GeForce 8 cards which are DX10 ready will be ideal. (DX10 only works on Vista BTW)

But then again, Your CPU is also in need of upgrade, As it is quite old and not as fast as what you can get these days.

IMO, Upgrade the entire thing. It's pretty cheap to get a mid range PC which will play most new games at decent settings, without lag.

Last edited by l337_GuY; July 28th, 2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old July 28th, 2007, 10:48 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Click on the link below and pick the game (from the drop down box)you want to play then click on "Can you run it?" You can do it for each game you want to play, just do one at a time. When the next page opens check your info bar because you will have to download a small program that will evaluate your system. Download it and then it will run and let you know what you need to play that game. It will have a "minimum" tab which is the minimum requirements for the game and what you have installed. Then there is a "Recommended" tab that has what is recommended to play the game.

http://www.srtest.com/bonus/a/register/t/analysis.tmpl