Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 31st, 2007, 02:58 PM

PC opens with Bios page

About a year ago I switched from dial up to BT yahhoo braodband. All ran fine. A few months back there was an update from BT after which the pc opened onto a black screen with info about processor temperature, etc. I have to click 'F1' to continue. I am now getting hacked off with this.

Can I do anything to get rid of this and just get straight through to the page where I just put in my password to open the pc?

Btw I have had a few other problems such as time lag to type in text on google, etc but downloaded adaware, etc and this seems to have cured this. Also continuing problem with dial up pop up box (but thats another topic!)

Thanks in anticipation.
Old January 31st, 2007, 03:26 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I read your other post concerning the dialup dialog opening in which you mentioned problems with the clock. That and the required "F1 to continue" problem indicates the motherboard battery is dying...or dead.

Shut down and unplug the computer to replace the motherboard battery. It looks like a large watch battery. It's held in with a clip so study it and undo the clip to remove it. Don't force it or you can break the clip which will put you in a lot more trouble than you're in now. Pay attention to which way is up so you can put the new battery in correctly.

You will probably get the "press F1 to continue" screen one more time when you reboot.