Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old September 27th, 2008, 06:41 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Question Internet opens up with odd page

I have a situation where whenever I click to go onto the internet, "Plum Voice Portal" comes up on the screen, and it is a log in page asking for a user name and password. I do not have anything like that installed on my computer. I have done several searches to find something with that name......found nothing. I have gone to Add/Remove and there is nothing there either.

Could this be something that has hijacked my computer? I have the computer set to open with a local page to our community, but this other page appears instead.
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I found quite a bit on Google on "plum voice." It's apparently some sort of customer survey business. That suggests to me what your computer has is a browser hijack.

To see if that's the case, go to this thread. The second post in that thread has a link to download Hijack This and a link to a good animated tutorial on how to use it.

Once you have a Hijack This log, don't try to fix anything, just start a new thread in the Cyber Safety forum and paste your Hijack This log in for the experts there to analyze and help you get rid of whatever malware may be present.

Please do not post your log here. Please post your log in the Cyber Safety forum.

Cyber Safety is always busy but they will get to you. Please be patient.
Old October 5th, 2008, 04:54 PM

Unhappy My Browsers Pls Help

i have a problem with my internet explorer.the operating system tht i use is vista 32bit.my homepage is about blank but when i open a new tab instead of opening the page in about blank its opens with the following address

C:\Users\Saru\AppData\LocalLow\MEGAUPLOADTOOLBAR\t abwelcome.html.

How do i remove this....

and the problem is in mozilla firefox.i updated and installed the latest version.im not able to download any executable files,it gets saved as a binary files nor im able to download any torrent files..what do i do???

someone please help me...

thank you
Old October 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM

Follow the same advice as above.