Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:13 PM

Exclamation PC takes around 5 minutes to boot...

I turn on my PC, it powers up, and takes about 5 minutes to bootup, and another 2 to log on.
Also, windows explorer repeatedly crashes, and when it does, explorer.exe restarts.
On top of that, the pc once refused to even boot up, got to the logo and restarted, and then i got a menu to select the boot method with.
once started, most things run at top speed.
ANY help is appreciated!
--Iroquois
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Read this post about how to get and use Hijack This.

Once you have a Hijack This log, don't try to fix anything, just start a new thread in the Cyber Safety forum and paste your Hijack This log in for the experts there to analyze and help you get rid of the malware.

Please do not post your log here. Please post your log in the Cyber Safety forum forum.

Cyber Safety is always busy but they will get to you. Please be patient.

If the problems persist after Cyber Safety has given your computer a clean bill of health, post back in this forum.