Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old July 6th, 2006, 11:12 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
How to make a default scanner?

Does anyone know how a scanner can be made default in xp home. I run my paint program and hit scan and it always tries to capture from my webcam rather than my scanner, I have to go in and manually select my scanner source everytime. Is there a registry mod that I can do? This happens on photoshop and microsoft photo. This is actually the 2nd time I ask this question as last time it was not answered.

Thanks

Last edited by dj_alien; July 6th, 2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old July 7th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Banned

Maybe this might help. I only have a scanner, no webcam so my first device for scanning is always the scanner.
Scroll down to 7.2.1 Selecting the device.
http://www.chestysoft.com/ximage/manual.htm#sect7.2
Old July 7th, 2006, 02:51 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I'm thinking thats for programming. I'm just looking for a way to get XP to make my scanner default, sort of how you can set a printer as default.

Thanks anyhow.