Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old August 26th, 2006, 07:27 PM

Make Firefox the Default browser

At home my 2 PC's (Win XP) use Firefox as the default so even when I click the IE icon Firefox opens , but when I try to do this on my friends PC (Win 2000) IE still opens.
Old August 26th, 2006, 07:45 PM

I found this:

Question: I receive an e-mail newsletter that includes links. When I click a link, Microsoft's Internet Explorer opens. I prefer Mozilla Firefox. How can I change this?

Answer: Make Firefox your default browser. In Firefox, click Tools, then Options. Click General at the top of the dialog box. In the section labeled "Default Browser," select "Firefox should check to see if it is the default browser when starting." Click Check Now. Firefox will give you the option of making it the default. Do so and click OK, then OK. Now your links will open in Firefox.