Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old October 30th, 2008, 08:07 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Quote:
I click on the the link (https://www.netteller.com/x/DeliverC...p%2F..57b61921.) that is supposed to open up a box asking me if I want to open or save the file. Is there something special about this link?
It's a secure site. You can try reregistering some dlls. Go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following lines and press Enter after each line:

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
regsvr32 Mssip32.dll

Click OK when you receive the message that "DllRegisterServer in FileName" succeeded.

Reboot and let us know if this helped. If you get any error messages, please check to be sure that you typed the filename correctly and if so, please post the full error message here.

Also check the information here.
Old October 30th, 2008, 08:39 PM

All worked except the sccbase.dll which it said it couldn't find. (Win 2000 OS). The problem still exists with the secure site.
Old October 30th, 2008, 09:46 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
All worked except the sccbase.dll which it said it couldn't find. (Win 2000 OS)
Ah yes sorry, Win2K doesnt have that file.

I think I am getting a bit confused here dodger741. Quicken got introduced into the mix partway through this topic and you are posting links that Quicken is supposed to be able to access however I have never used this software so I'm floundering a bit. Let's leave Quicken out of this and as I said before, I cant help with Eudora so if IE or Firefox do not open when you click on a link in the Eudora email client (or both open), we cannot automatically assume the problem is caused by the browser. It could be a Eudora problem.

Can you please post webpage links that either Firefox or Internet Explorer cannot open.
Old November 5th, 2008, 12:30 AM

AnnMarie: Sorry for the delayed response as I was gone. Unfortunately I cannot find a secure site where I am experiencing a problem. I was able to fine one with a download feature which opens the "open or save" windows dialog box which is the point in my quicken transaction download that fails. I did uninstall quicken, restart and reinstall. Then updated to the latest version. Works the same. I did discover 1 new clue. With Mozilla version 3 my original my of clicking on links and having explorer open went away so this seems to have fixed most of my problems. The explorer window no longer opens in quicken when I click on this link but rather does nothing. (updating mozilla did something) I did discover that copying the link that doesn't work, opening a seperate firefox and pasting the link in takes me to the login page again but if I login here it works. Another clue is that when I change from my bank to my credit card site, I select a statement to view but it won't open. I get a windows error box saying a runtime error on line 235 has occured. System can't find the specified file. Debug yes or no. Select yes and the debugger opens a script and points to this information which I have no idea what it is. "statementsWindow = window.open(statementsUrl, 'Statements', popupAttributes);" I do understand if you think this is a quicken problem and do not feel familiar enough to continue. You did fix 80% of my problems and I thank you for that. If you have any further thought please advise otherwise I will assume that I should focus on a quicken related solution.
Old November 5th, 2008, 02:27 AM
CTH Subscriber

Hi dodger741, You are welcome for my input but I think I'm out of my depth on this one. I can tell you that's a javascript error and it looks like the page has failed to load a control which in turn opens your statement in a new window. Why this has happened, I honestly dont know. If this happens consistently on your credit card site, contact their support team. They may have had this issue reported before and have a quick fix to offer you.