Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 8th, 2005, 08:14 PM

Windows XP logs in then immediately logs me back out again

My computer has been infected with spyware and has come to the point where it won't let me log into Windows. When I click on any username it says it is logging in then logs me back out again. I have an Emachines computer with OEM pre-installed Windows XP Home edition therefore came with no XP CD, only a Restore CD which when used would result in my C drive being formatted.
I borrowed a Windows XP Pro CD(my edition is Home ~did'nt think there would be a difference.)from my friend and tried that yet when I accessed the Recovery Console it asks for an Administrator password to proceed. I have never added a admin password so is blank(it lets me click on administrator with no password request when entering safe mode).
However after leaving the password blank and pressing enter a message appears saying password invalid. Has anybody had a similar problem before? Is there anyway to bypass this or is there another way of recovering windows? Please help as I do not wish to resort to formatting the whole of C drive.
Old April 8th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Welcome

Check the info at the bottom of this page
http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm