Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:12 AM

Devry University Or University Of Phoenix

Hi everyone! I'm currently attending Devry University and Majoring on Networking and Communications Management. I've been attending for a year now and it will take me another 2 to 2 1/2 years to get my BA. I moved this past October and have to commute everytime I have class. There is a University of Phoenix about 10 miles away from my new house and thinking of transferring. I called them and they said I could transfer all my unit and the closes program they have is BA of Information Technology. It will take me another two years to get my degree. At Devry the courses are 4 hours a week and 8 weeks long. At university of Phoenix, the courses are 5 weeks, but you only go to class the first and last week. You meet with your group or interact online. My question is, if your an employer, which one would look good if I apply for a job?
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:10 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Howdy:

My son went to DeVry here in Canada.. His graduating class had a 100% job placement BEFORE they graduated.. He was offered positions with Sun Microsystems and a couple smaller companies in California..

He decided to stay in Canada to work and is in Saudi Arabia on a 1 year contract job.

Can the other place give you the same results??

Murray
Old January 11th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Banned

In my earlier days, DeVry meant kindergarten. It may have changed significantly over the past years but I still think an accredited college is better. I have no idea about U of Phoenix. Seems like all searches link to online studies or continuing education for working people.

Murry S. may be the norm now or may be the exception.

With one year already invested, I'd definitely call around.
Good luck.
BD
Old January 13th, 2005, 07:31 AM

Wow its a tough decision.. Devry is 90 miles each way from my house and UOP is 10 miles each way from my house. I heard lots of good stuff about the two school, but cant make up my decision
Old January 13th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Banned

Wouldn't take me long to decide to commute to school and back 180 miles verses 20 miles. That's just not logical or practical. Please check other options if necessary. Let us know.
Good luck.
Nick
Old January 14th, 2005, 10:35 PM

goto the school and talk to the students.

"Its one thing you can always trust, Word on the Street. That's solid" - christopher walker 'suicide kings'