Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old December 30th, 2004, 10:36 AM

Is this a hard drive issue? Advice needed

I have posted this in more than one forum, hopefully someone might know a solution, as I am trying to dodge if in any way possible, the dreaded dragging of this heavy monster to the computer shop
-Computer has been rebooting about once every hour or so for 3 weeks.

-Virus and spyware scans show no signs of any problems (even when scanning with more than 3 programs).

-According to Intel ActiveMonitor software, there are no heat or power issues. When looking inside the computer, everything still looks brand new and all 6 of the fans (including the power supply one) are running fine.

-Making my page file size as large as possible (as my brother suggested) does not change anything.

-When I go to "My Computer", then click the hard disk, then attempt to click "Troubleshoot" for it in the hardware menu, the computer reboots again (this happened 4 times in a row).

-Running "CHKDSK" upon startup completes, but once windows starts, I get a "Blue Screen of Death". I tried doing "CHKDSK" again and once again got the blue screen and here is the error: "Fs_Rec.sys - address F7B7851D Base at F7B78000, Datestamp 367d8361"

-Once the computer got rebooted again, I am now getting a windows error (see screenshot below).

My hard disk is 100gigs and is currently less than 25% full.
If anyone has any idea whatsoever as to what in the world is going on here (even if it may seem like no help but just an idea) please give me your input, because I seriously have tried EVERYTHING.
~Thanks

Error:
http://www.imagehosting.us.com/image...10951&h=760735

Intel ActiveMonitor showing everything is fine as far as heat and power go:

http://www.imagehosting.us.com/image...10952&h=215220

http://www.imagehosting.us.com/image...10953&h=439778

System info:
http://www.imagehosting.us.com/image...10954&h=901696
Old December 30th, 2004, 10:52 AM

have you tried unistalling the maxtrix wallpaper maybe it causes your problem!

cheers!
Old December 30th, 2004, 10:58 AM

Oh yeah of course. I was warned as soon as I showed that proggy to my brother that it would be a huge memory sucker. I've had it on the computer ever since I got it (3-4 months ago) and the rebooting issue has just now started around 3 weeks ago, also, most the time I have the wallpaper turned off. I only have it running when people are in the room or I am bored usually This computer has more than decent enough memory so it hardly puts a dent in it.
The rebooting issue happens, too, when I have absolutely all programs turned off, so I know it is not a memory/ram issue.
Old December 30th, 2004, 11:14 AM

any error messages than that ?

can you please post it

cheers!
Old December 30th, 2004, 11:37 AM

Nope. Those are the only errors. I even unchecked the box that makes it so my comp won't reboot when an error occurs and instead, show me the error and it still freaking reboots That error you see in the screen shot, well when I click it for "more details" it doesn't tell me jack squat.
Old December 31st, 2004, 04:35 AM

You may try running hijackthis and posting a log, maybe someone can spot something.