Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old November 25th, 2004, 08:29 PM

Exclamation Administator Priviledges... WinXP Professional

I need help resetting the Administrator Priviledges for this Dell Latitude C600. I was able to get it started, etc... found the manual and logged online... I've already downloaded Hijack this in case I need it. The PC is hooked up to my phone line so I have access to get online if need be. If someone knows how to change this I will have this problem licked. He wants to take his PC home ASAP, I know it's Turkey day but if someone knows what to do, please let me know. Thanks in Advance.
Old November 25th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

What is the actual problem?
Old November 26th, 2004, 10:13 PM

Re: WinXP Professional

Hi...

My friend says someone gave him a PC that they were going to throw out, that they purchased at the Convention Center. I tried to fix it... he gave me a password that didn't work. I was able to login and loaded in the last configuration that worked. However, he took it back home and it didn't work. I asked him for anything else he got with the PC, which was nothing. It's a Dell... and I got online put in the tag#. Now it's asking for a password. I'm wondering why someone would even sell a PC, without a CDrom drive. I told him I think perhaps the PC may have been stolen seeing how he couldn't get the guy to give him any books or whatever. I know when my Mom bought a PC from the same convention center they had the master CD, etc... and manuals.

I told him to give it back to his friend.

Thanks!!!
Old November 26th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

It sounds as though they would be best off purchasing an OS CD then formatting the drive and installing a fresh version.