Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > MacOS

Notices

MacOS Problem solving for all MacOS versions

Topic Tools
Old October 29th, 2004, 07:24 PM

OSX 9.x hooked to Win XP Pro???

I have Win XP Pro in my Sony Vaio laptop. I would like to direct connect or something to my brothers Powerbook G4 (OSX 9.x). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, does anyone know of any software that can extract complete programs out of a computer. I lost some install disks and I need to reinstall after formatting!!!!

Thank You,
Richard Robles
laudea61@sbcglobal.net
Old October 29th, 2004, 09:39 PM

O/S: MacOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by laudea
I have Win XP Pro in my Sony Vaio laptop. I would like to direct connect or something to my brothers Powerbook G4 (OSX 9.x). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, does anyone know of any software that can extract complete programs out of a computer. I lost some install disks and I need to reinstall after formatting!!!!

Thank You,
Richard Robles
laudea61@sbcglobal.net
Hi Richard,

Direct connection should be via crossover ethernet cable.

As for the software to extract whole programs from a formatted drive, I don't believe it exists. And if you have installed anything on the drive after formatting, you don't have a hope in H--L of recovering anything, sorry.

Jim.