Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old August 6th, 2004, 06:21 AM

Black Screen / White Cursor when starting Windows XP with PCI Card

Hello group. I just built a computer with 2.4ghz Celeron. Everything is working fine except when I install my Cisco 350 wireless PCI card. If it's installed, I get a black screen with a white cursor when Windows XP starts up. I can move the mouse, but I can't do much and have to manually shut down the PC. If I don't have the card installed, I boot into Windows just fine.

I booted into Safe Mode and I was able to see the Cisco 350 PCI card in the Device Manager, so at least Windows recognized the card and hopefully rules out any bad hardware.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem? The wireless PCI card is my only means of getting internet access, so I really need this PCI card.

Thanks in advance
Old August 6th, 2004, 07:41 AM

you dont reallyyy need it. you could get a USB wireless 802.11b adapter. im going to assume you have a wireless 802.11b network so ... this is what you would need to get.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....0&type=product