Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old December 1st, 2015, 07:35 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
mobile printer not working

hp officeject 100 (l411) mobile printer ,,put new cartridges in an it says installed wrong,,wont print...help
Old December 2nd, 2015, 05:48 PM

What did it say before you put the new cartridges in? And are they genuine HP cartridges?
Old December 2nd, 2015, 07:15 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Did you remember to remove the tape over the cartridge?
Old December 4th, 2015, 02:44 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Most modern printers have sensors that detect if you are using a Generic Cartridge or an Official Cartridge from their factory. Some Generic manufactures have been able to circumvent this sensor, but try using official HP cartridges and see if that makes a difference.
Old December 4th, 2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Most modern printers have sensors that detect if you are using a Generic Cartridge or an Official Cartridge from their factory. Some Generic manufactures have been able to circumvent this sensor, but try using official HP cartridges and see if that makes a difference.
But in most, if not all countries, including the US, printer makers are not allowed to insert code or other measures that prevent the use of aftermarket ink.

On my HPs, for example, the printers will report I am not using genuine ink, but they will still print. They may not properly report remaining ink levels, however.

The problem with aftermarket ink is it is not the exact same formula. Genuine inks are trade secrets with patented formulas - just as Coke and Pepsi use secret recipes. Genuine ink is consistent from batch to batch. Aftermarket ink is different from maker to maker, and may not be consistent from batch to batch - nor of the same quality as genuine ink. Aftermarket ink has been known to damage print heads.

For that reason, makers can guarantee their printers with genuine ink, but will not with aftermarket.

I have had mixed results with aftermarket ink. But I have found genuine ink consistently works. And if you wait for sales, the prices are typically pretty close to the aftermarket versions.