Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old August 29th, 2015, 05:58 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Now My network adapter cant find my network

I have a windows 7 system with mcafee. It was working but now the network adaptor cant find the network. I was looking for a reset button on it, but cant find one. Iwould also note that when i started up..both firewall and av were switched off..any ideas or suggestions?? IM about to run furbar scan
Old August 30th, 2015, 01:45 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Try using Windows System Restore to roll Windows back to a point in time when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.
Video: Fixing a problem using System Restore
If that doesn't help, try restoring an earlier system image or backup.
Old October 7th, 2015, 01:07 PM

Open the Network troubleshooter by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area, and then clicking Troubleshoot problems.

If running the Network troubleshooter didn't solve the problem, then follow the steps described in Network connection problems in Windows.
If you're on a home network with a homegroup, and you're trying to connect to another computer, make sure that computer is on and that it has been added to the homegroup.

If you're on a home network without a homegroup, and you're trying to connect to another computer, make sure that computer is on and that you've enabled file and printer sharing on your network. For more information, see Networking home computers running different versions of Windows.

Make sure that all wires are connected (for example, make sure your modem is connected to a working phone jack or cable connection, either directly or through a router).

If the problem began after you installed new software, check your connection settings to see if they've been changed.

Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type adapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

Right-click the connection, and then click Properties. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Check your router. Because of the new networking features in Windows Vista and Windows 7, some older network routers aren't fully compatible with these versions of Windows and can cause problems. For a list of routers that are compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7, go to the Windows Compatibility Center website.