Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old March 21st, 2014, 09:01 PM

computer keeps crashing and is running very slow

Keeps blue screening with errors and lags so slow at times where it seems to be frozen. ive came to this website in the past and was helped with similar issues I had with a different computer. I was made to perform a "HijackThis" log and post it and so on. if anyone can help me or walk me through any steps to diagnose and maybe correct the problems.... thank you! any help is appreciated very much
Old March 22nd, 2014, 04:32 PM

Sadly, you told us nothing about your computer hardware, nor did you tell us what the errors said.

BSODs can be caused by many things - including heat, failing hardware devices, corrupt device drivers, failing power supplies, failing RAM, failing motherboard, failing graphics solution, bad Ethernet cable and more.

As an electronics technician, I always start at the wall with power with the obvious. Is the outlet wired properly and grounded? Is the computer plugged in, and turned on?

Then I typically swap in a known good power supply and go from there - often removing all but one stick of RAM and seeing what happens.