Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:39 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Unhappy HomeGroup Help

I just bought new laptop and trying to get things set up and am having problems with setting up the Homegroup so i can access the printer... I set it up on another laptop with no problems... now I can get this one to work...nothing...
on the main computer if I bring up Network.. it says Network name is Network... on my old laptop it says Misty33 >..should they both read the same ? and if so.. How do I get the main computer to read the Misty33.. but they both are showing the same password to it... but on the homegroup it is saying that no computers are available on the homegroup... but both computers are turned on.. so when I try to join the network in the new computer...there is NO "JOIN" button when I go into Homegroup area to set it up..
I need help having bad day...nothing is working right this afternoon
I have the printer on the main computer shared with the old laptop, but can't get it shared on the new laptop... help ??? all the setting seem to be the way they are supposed to be...sharing is set up on the computer.. the only difference I see is the network name... don't know why
I am missing something and having a bad day, I can't think and not figuring out what I am missing.. It will probably be obvious to me when you tell me...
thanks
barbara
Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:57 AM

I don't know what I did, but I can now look in Network and see the other computer.. BUT I am getting a message \\computertow is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the Administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Logon failure: the user has not been grated the requested logon type at this computer.
I have sharing all turned on.. I'm confused... how do I fix this... Please help :'( :'(
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM

Okay.. don't have a clue what I did... but after about 3 hours of playing with this thing...reseting and reseting and reseting many times.. i am now on the homegroup network... no matter what I did, I could not get "join" button on the homegroup even though there was a homegroup created...has been for a couple years...anyway... after about 3 hours, it is working... yipppee!!! but don't have any idea what finally got it to work. I went back and forth between three computers trying to get it working.

thanks