Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old December 19th, 2011, 08:23 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Having lots of favourites,will it slow pc

I have tried to remove all unessary stuff from my pc but it is still slow,I am wondering if all the favourites I have affect it's speed?
Running windows 7 ultimate
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:58 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
No.
Old December 20th, 2011, 04:44 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
To windows 7 and get better performance, you should do the following steps.
start- control panel- (typed troubleshooter)-click under system and secury and finally click for performance issue. duing this you will get and option were you can find the problem and fix it automatically.
before you start doing this check if you have to many programs are open the same time and close all of them. also check if is many people logged on in the coomputer.
Old December 21st, 2011, 02:55 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephavel View Post
To windows 7 and get better performance, you should do the following steps.
start- control panel- (typed troubleshooter)-click under system and secury and finally click for performance issue. duing this you will get and option were you can find the problem and fix it automatically.
before you start doing this check if you have to many programs are open the same time and close all of them. also check if is many people logged on in the coomputer.
Thanks but I have already done that.I know my pc can be faster because a couple of months ago it was,so I created a restore point but have restored to that date,it hasn't improved to the old speed.
Old December 21st, 2011, 04:30 PM
CTH Subscriber

Icyber, can you post your specs? Have you done the usual maintenance tasks;

Scan for virus'/malware
disk cleanup using Ccleaner, (removing old cache files, temp files etc.)
defragment your drive/s

Open msconfig.exe and select the services tab, check the box Hide all Microsoft services, whatever is left in the list are third party services that can be disabled. Keep in mind that some of those services may need to run, depending on your system enviroment, for instance: if you run AVG security suite, you'll want to keep those services running.

After that, click the StartUp tab and cull that down to basic needed startup programs. Some programs you may want to keep enabled, such as anti virus, etc.
As a rule of thumb, I keep only hardware related programs in the startup.