Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old December 28th, 2010, 05:21 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
New Build, 3 Long Beeps, 1 short on startup.

I recently built a computer and during my first boot I got the 3 long beeps and 1 short beep, I moved around my ram and it booted up successfully with 1 of my sticks of RAM in. Next morning I went to boot it up and I got the beeps again. Nothing appears on screen and I am stuck here. PLEASE HELP!!

if this helps...

AMD Phenom II 970 3.50GHz
Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3
EVGA Geforce GTS450
2x2GB DDR3 1600 Corsair
Antec 700W
Old December 28th, 2010, 08:02 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Beep Codes (and what they mean) vary according to the BIOS manufacturer and you haven't posted that information. I'm guessing that the Gigabyte GA-MA770T is fitted with an Award BIOS but Award don't use a beep code of 3 long and 1 short according to this: http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm#

Beep Codes for most other BIOS manufacturers are here: http://www.technick.net/public/code/...ide_beep_codes

Last edited by pip22; December 28th, 2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old December 28th, 2010, 08:09 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Yeah I know. I am running Award BIOS. My problem is there is no code stated. Only thing I have found is that these beeps occur when RAM is not seated properly. Mine is seated. But I just realized that my motherboard only supports 1.5v RAM, when mine is 1.65v. Could this be the problem?
Old December 29th, 2010, 09:25 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
I have the same motherboard and the same problem, but a bit differently!

I switched it on, no bleeps. I reseated the CPU, one beep, thus it booted! I managed to install Vista, great. I then began installing updates and drivers and obviously had to restart my computer. So I switched it off and then in the morning hit the button and it didn't switch on!

Raiding Google since it happened has told me 3 things, the majority saying it's the RAM, probably wanting to be reseated (I did this many times) and then my extra ordered RAM turned up today, didn't fix it. The rest of the people said that it's the graphics card. Reseated it, tried another computer's one and still didn't work. The last, I only saw it twice, was that there's a problem with the timer. ...

I took the RAM out (after trying various arrangements) and took my cold hair drier to the slots, and then put one in. IT BOOTED! TO WINDOWS! Configuring updates... and then froze, so I restarted it and then the same problem started again.

Last edited by Bandanawedgie; December 29th, 2010 at 09:29 PM.