Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:37 PM

upgraded to windows 7

i'v upgraded my laptop to windows 7 pro, however none of the acer software is compatible so i play any blueray dvd's now as they only played using acer's instand on arcade software , does anyone no if their is free software you can use so i can play bluerays again, i'v also got another programme which will not load up its advanced personal translator 2008 this program worked on xp and worked on visit but i cant get it to start up on windows 7 . please help
Old March 25th, 2010, 08:08 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
try changing the file association for your blueray dvds. go to your control panel, default programs, then click on autoplay settings to the player you want to use.

as far as your advanced personal translator - maybe check with the manufacturer to see if there are any updates for it to work in win7. You can also try playing it in winxp compatibility mode.
Old March 25th, 2010, 10:23 PM

i'v only got windows mediaplayer and nero showtime but none of them ply blueray, the only program i had on it that played them was acers instant on arcade but that program wont install on windows 7,
Old April 1st, 2010, 07:59 AM

also installed windows 7 recently. I run readiness tool for windows 7, its good that it told me what are issues I may have after upgraded. Did you run that?
Because it advices what will be the solution to the problem.
Old April 10th, 2010, 06:57 AM

O/S: Linux
Mplayer claims to be able to play blu ray here is the d/l link:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html