Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:38 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Exclamation Can't watch ANY KIND of videos online...PLEASE HELP!

Hi, 2 weeks ago my Zone Alarm found a virus on my computer. It was a Trojan Downloader. OK, I deleted this off my computer. For the next week everytime I hit my IE on my desktop, I would "hear" (not see) playing in my speakers irritating ads and the IE page would come up several times not loading each one. I had someone look at my computer for me, and ever since I don't have the "irritating ads". BUT, now I can't watch any videos online, I can't listen to music online, AND I'M ABOUT TO GO SERIOUSLY CRAZY CAUSE MYSPACE WON'T LOAD UP MY STUFF AND I CANNOT WATCH VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE NOWHERE!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me! What did he do?
Old November 19th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Welcome to CTH luckythumper31,

Let's take a look.

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs.

Download RSIT (random's system information tool) from here to your desktop. Then click on the RSIT.exe to open the RSIT display, and click the Continue button.

If necessary allow it to locate or download a copy of HijackThis as needed.

Once the scan completes a textbox will open - copy/paste those contents here for review please. The log can also be found at C:\rsit\log.txt.

RSIT will also create a second log, info.txt, which will be minimized to your taskbar. Post that here as well please (it will also be stored at C:\rsit\info.txt).

You can break logs into parts and use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files, if needed.

--------------

Also click here and download the installer for Gmer to your desktop, then click that file to run Gmer.

If on it's opening scan Gmer locates items shown in red or indicates "hidden" or "rootkit", stop there, and click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please. We don't want any crashes just from taking an initial look at things.

If not, then click on Scan (before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan).

When completed, click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please.