Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old July 23rd, 2009, 03:37 PM

Exclamation Blue Screen

Hi!!!

Whenver i open my computer during the booting process a 'blue screen' pops up showing the resolution of my screen i.e 1024 by 768 and sometimes the brightness of my screen is reduced to zero of its own. I don't know what causing this so plz i need help.
Old July 24th, 2009, 02:26 AM
CTH Subscriber

Hello Hemant Devrani and welcome to CTH,

Did you recently install a new driver or video card?

What is the error on the blue screen?

Download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) from here and save it to your desktop.

Doubleclick on RSIT.exe to run it. Your computer will be scanned and once the scan has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both (log.txt will be maximized and info.txt will be minimized) in this topic. You can also find the logs in the C:\rsit folder. The logs will be reasonably large so you may have to divide them into sections and make several posts to post them.
Old July 25th, 2009, 03:22 PM

hi!!!!

'Blue screen' is nothing else then a blue menu window which pops up when we press the menu button on the monitor , which has many red colored options on it. Recently I have formated my computer in fear of any virus or malware which might be the reason for the 'blue screen' but have'nt found any improvement other then it pops up lesser time then before.
I have'nt installed any driver or video card.

thanx for your reply still I need more help.
Old July 25th, 2009, 05:01 PM
CTH Subscriber

So, if I understand you correctly:

When you turn on the computer, the menu for your monitor appears (same one if you pressed menu button on monitor). You thought it might be caused by malware so you reformatted your hard drive and it is still doing it.

You have not installed new recently and sometimes the screen brightness is set to 0.

Am I understanding you correctly?
Old July 25th, 2009, 05:55 PM

yes sir you have successfully understood my problem.

now soon post me the solution
Old July 25th, 2009, 08:46 PM
CTH Subscriber

According to what you have told me, it appears to be a hardware issue. It appears to be a problem with the buttons on the monitor. The only real way of testing it would be to switch monitors with another computer (if you don't have one - maybe a friend) and see if the problem moves with the monitor or stays with your computer.