Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:22 PM

Sony VAIO laptop vista startup problem

Hi,

I have a problem with my laptop. It has vista home premium installed. The laptop model is Sony VAIO VGN-C25G/L).

The problem is as follows:

When turning on the laptop at the Sony logo screen there are visible verticle red lines going accross the screen.

As windows boots up there are blue verticle lines going accross the screen. Just before it gets to the windows login screen the screen suddenly turns black and the laptop is then non responsive. After about 2 minutes or so the system will reatart by itself.

I tried starting the computer in safe mode and when booting up there was no problem. no verticle lines and the login screen comes up as normal . In safe mode videos and the screen saver works fine and there are no verticle lines. So I don't know if the settings of the graphics card had been altered somehow.

The graphics card is GeForce Go7400 GPU.

I tried running the VAIO recovery Tool to restore the laptop to factory state but it doesn't work. It displays the error message "This program runs on Sony VAIO computers only. This computer is not recognized as a Sony VAIO computer." this is a strange message as I have run this tool to restore my laptop to factory state many times before but now this error message comes up. I don't know what has happened. How can I fix this? Is there some other way to restore my laptop? The windows is built in to the laptop and I don't know how to reinstall vista in this situation. What should I do? Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks for helping !
Old July 11th, 2009, 03:28 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Howdy and welcome to CTH:

Boot back into Safe Mode and go to the Control Panel. From there, remove your vid/graphics card.

Reboot and see if that helps.

If you can get into normal mode, go to the Sony website, search your system and get the latest drivers.

Murray
Old February 11th, 2010, 03:21 AM

i got the same problem...
i already try everything that u told me..
but it still malfunction...
plsss...
can u help me...
Old February 11th, 2010, 08:26 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
If you can get back into safe mode, try doing a system restore to a date prior to this starting. Maybe there was an update that is causing your problem. Doing a system restore from windows may get the system back to before Conflict started.

As for the System recovery though. Seems as though Sony has been having major problems with their Recovery setup with the built in system and using Recovery CD's. Doesn't really appear to be any fix to this either. From doing alot of searching this problems seems to have been going on since around 06 atleast.

Which means that if it comes down to it, you may have to get ahold of Sony to try and fix your system. (Or buy an OEM version of windows in which I would recomend Win7)
Old February 11th, 2010, 03:16 PM

i already reformat my sony vaio...
but it stil hve the same problem...
When turning on the laptop at the Sony logo screen there are visible verticle red lines going accross the screen.

As windows boots up there are blue verticle lines going accross the screen. Just before it gets to the windows login screen the screen suddenly turns black and the laptop is then non responsive. After about 2 minutes or so the system will reatart by itself.

I tried starting the computer in safe mode and when booting up there was no problem. no verticle lines and the login screen comes up as normal . In safe mode videos and the screen saver works fine and there are no verticle lines. So I don't know if the settings of the graphics card had been altered somehow.

The graphics card is GeForce Go7400 GPU.

I tried running the VAIO recovery Tool to restore the laptop to factory state but it doesn't work. It displays the error message "This program runs on Sony VAIO computers only. This computer is not recognized as a Sony VAIO computer." this is a strange message as I have run this tool to restore my laptop to factory state many times before but now this error message comes up. I don't know what has happened. How can I fix this?
Old June 3rd, 2010, 03:01 PM

check this link on the sony vaio website:

http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instr...GB&m=VGN-C2Z_B