Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old March 17th, 2009, 10:49 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Unhappy Adding more space to my C drive from D Drive

I currently have only one hard drive (1TB) installed on my computer but when I had partitioned the drive a had made a 12GB C drive and the rest of the 1TB is the D drive...

My question is how do I add more free space to my C drive from my D drive with out having to reformat or delete?
Old March 18th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Banned

there is no other way except formating to get more space in c drive.
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:14 PM

Hi there

You can use third party patition software like patition magic or other programs like that. From my knowledge of using these types of program you don't need to reformat a hard drive.

Give it ago and let me know how you get on.

Old March 18th, 2009, 04:44 PM

Nites2k, james is correct about using such software to remove that partition, or even combine them, back into a single drive. However, please be advise that even when the applications say applications and data are safe, please please please do backup personal data off of those two partitions. I figured I just say that when I saw this post.

You can go with the paid versions like Partition Magic, but there are also so freebies like Acronis. Even Norton (NOOOOO) has one out there. Me, I go free no matter what, but it does depend on the options you need.

Good luck.