Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old February 7th, 2009, 05:26 PM

How can I recover a "one" word document if my computer crashed. please help?

Hi, can someone please assist me with my question. I will begin by explaining how my computer crashed. I accidently dropped my laptop on the ground. The distance from where I dropped it was not high. After, I picked up my laptop and began to watch a move, but all of a sudden my computer froze. I restarted my computer, however now vista would not show up and I was presented with a screen that displays there have been an error with windows. So I called Toshiba to ask for assistance and they recommend re starting and re booting my computer. Is there any way possible I could still relocate my word file. The document is not big and contains the max 2 pages double spaced. I constantly save this “1” document every day, and it is also saved as a docx if that might help. I would really appreciate it if someone could assist me with this situation. Thank You…. In addition, my computer does not allow me to access the safe mode feature.