Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:03 PM

Question Vista "speed up my pc"

Hey, im running vista ultimate 64bit version and Im about to buy a new flash stick but i need it to be capable of using the vista speed up my pc option. I have my eye set on an 8gig verbatim flash stick. Does anyone know if it will work? If not, what makes/sizes do work?
Thanks
Old February 3rd, 2009, 05:15 PM

If your referring to ReadyBoost I found it did nothing for my PC's performance.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:26 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltzi View Post
Hey, im running vista ultimate 64bit version and Im about to buy a new flash stick but i need it to be capable of using the vista speed up my pc option. I have my eye set on an 8gig verbatim flash stick. Does anyone know if it will work? If not, what makes/sizes do work?
Thanks
Hello and welcome to the CTH Forum!

Please provide the amount of RAM in your computer - I'm running VISTA on a Dell laptop w/ 2 GB RAM; ReadyBoost may not help that much, esp. if you already have a lot of RAM -
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:34 PM

2giggs
Old February 4th, 2009, 03:41 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Well, checking the 8 GB Verbatim USB drive HERE - the description states that the device is enhanced for ReadyBoost - I'd just check the websites and/or packaging on the devices you are considering.

Good luck in your selection, and please reply back to this thread your experiences w/ ReadyBoost - although I have a bunch of USB drives (several capable of using ReadyBoost), I've never even given the feature a try - guess that I've not had a major 'speed' issue w/ my VISTA laptop, at least yet! -