Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old June 27th, 2008, 06:51 AM

Talking Outlook 2007, Removed Exchange server, want pop only but keep files.

Hey
First post on here, this seems like a great place.
Anyway to the issue.
I run an Exchange server through my hosting company, which linked my computer, to my phone, to my online exchange outlook.

I dont want it anymore, not needed so much so I cancelled the service, and I still have all my folders and emails on my harddrive, however I need to use POP access instead of exchange, so I configured all the pop / smtp setting, however, the issue is, if I delete the "exchange" account in the Account Settings area, it will delete all my folders and emails. Is there a way to convert my Exchange account to POP via outlook, or do I just have to keep it?
I hope Im making my point clear, its kind of difficult to explain.
I can create a new data file in outlook, but still, it keeps trying to connect to the Exchange server and there is none.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:34 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
If you just need to keep them for referrance, I'd just leave Outlook as it is and set it to work offline.

However, I'd set Outlook up to work on your POP3 acount, with all the old data from the Exchange days in their own seperate archive folder.

It isn't too difficult to set up, but you should check on your POP3 provider's website to see what the settings are for outlook clients before you get too excited.
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:37 AM

Thanks for the response.
I will probably do that for now until I find a fix. Its just quirky and it bugs me, hah.
I want to have ONE data file, ONE account listed in my "accounts settings", except maybe some other pop emails I have (8 of them, ha).
Its just in the account settings, on EXCHANGE the data file isnt changeable, its only "Remove or Repair".
I'll figure this sucker out! Thanks for your message.