Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > MacOS

Notices

MacOS Problem solving for all MacOS versions

Topic Tools
Old April 3rd, 2008, 09:17 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Virtual Machine was connected to the internet and now it isn't (Parallels)

I wasn't sure if I should put this in the networking forum or here, so I'll give this one a shot. I downloaded Parallels (virtual machine) yesterday and installed it. I installed XP on it as well. My plan was to stream something from parallels so that I can continue using the internet from my host machine. Anyway, it took me a while, but I finally figured out last night how to get parallels connected to the internet. I set it to "host-only networking" and I enabled internet sharing from my host network adapter. Everything worked great last night. I turned off my computer last night and went to bed. Today, I turn it on and run parallels. Well, now I can't get connected to the internet. I didn't change any settings at all! I still have my network adapter setup so it'll share the connection. What could have possibly happened that now I don't have an internet connection on my virtual machine? Did an IP or MAC address change because I turned my computer off and back on? If anyone here can help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!