Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old March 22nd, 2008, 03:28 PM

desktop icons and taskbar disappears and reappears constantly

Yesterday morning when I turned on my computer my desktop icons and task bar were gone so i used ctrl + alt+ delete and ran explorer.exe and they all appeared again, the only problem is they come and go and the explorer.exe process will not run very long before being terminated in the processes of the task manager. I have ran numerous virus scanners and have tried vendofix but nothing seems to work. I have been at it now for almost 20 hours straight and it is definitely time to ask for help. So, does anyone have any clue on how to fix this. I am willing to post logs and do whatever it takes. Thank you everyone for your time and efforts.

Rob
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Welcome to CTH r4messne,

Sorry for the delay, but fairly busy here. Let's see what all is loaded there.

Please download HijackThis from Here. Then click on the downloaded file to install HijackThis. After it is installed open HijackThis and select Do a system scan and save logfile. Use copy/paste and post that log back here for review.

Also Go Here and download Silent Runners to your desktop. Run it, and post back here the log it creates. If your protective software queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious. It will create a file named Startup Programs, and will notify when the scan is complete. Copy the log from the Startup Programs file back here. Here are guidelines for using Silent Runners. You can use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files if needed.
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:23 PM

Thumbs up EXPLORER.EXE Problem Fix - It Works!

I had a problem when my Desktop Icons and taskbar would frequently disappear and reappear. This did not allow me to perform any other task.
After a lot of trials and errors, I found a problem fix. It is explained in the following article: [off forum link removed by Moderator].
This Solution definitely would work for you. Its my guarantee.
Please rate the article (5 stars) and leave comment.
Thanks

Last edited by Jintan; November 12th, 2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: De-spammed post
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Welcome to CTH abcd_1234,

Right now I rate that as Spam. Other than a need to review the forum guidelines here, posting of off forum links is usually not allowed at CTH.

But this post pretty much appears to be just spam for the other website.