Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old February 19th, 2008, 02:29 AM

Some Websites load fine, others won't load at all?

Running Vista 32 bit. Some websites load no problem others won't load at all. That has been going on for a few weeks now. MY internet provider said I'm pinging to these sites. I have tried to restore to an eariler date, I have run Panda and it's not finding anything, Adaware isn't finding anything. I have tried a different browser Mozilla, same problems. I tried thte WInsock fix for vista (netsh winsock reset), still no luck. Any help on this would be awesome.
Old February 19th, 2008, 12:16 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
hi 007adan, welcome to CTH
Could you give some examples of sites you CAN reach and sites you CANNOT reach please?
Cheers.
Old February 19th, 2008, 09:50 PM

It looks like I fixed it

I tried the Vista Winsock patch and looks like I fixed it. I clicked the start tab typed cmd, held ctrl shift enter to run in elevated mode.
Typed netsh winsock reset in the command prompt. After that I reset my computer and presto she's happy again. Even though I got this one on my own I appreciate everyone in this forum taking the time to help those of us in need, you guys are great.
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:11 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Well done for sorting it and thanks for the update