Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Gaming Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of PC & Console Gaming issues

Topic Tools
Old February 15th, 2008, 05:58 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Angry Combat Flight Sim keeps crashing

i recently purchased Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe to play on my Acer Ferrari Laptop
- Acer Ferrari 1000
- AMD Turion 64 X2 ML-60
- 4GB PC5300 RAM
- 80GB SATA Hard Disk
- External DVD R/W drive
- 512MB ATI Radeon Express Graphics Card
i am aware that it states on te back of the box that is is not recommended for laptop and that 3d hardware accelerator is required. well, i have no idea what a 3d hardware accelerator is, but i thought i would give it a go on my laptop as it has a pretty high spec, and the box is probably referring to normal laptops. well, it installed and worked perfectly for about 10 minutes. then in the game i crashed the plane and a message came up to say i had died. immediately after that, the game abruptly closed. upon re-opening it, a message came up to say that the game was not closed properly last time, but i closed the message and the game appeared to work fine. however, after 5 minutes the game closed itself again, and it keeps doing it - i open the game, get the message, continue, then after a few minutes the game closes.
i know the obvious solution is to uninstall the game and try again, but im not so sure that is the problem - if i crash again, will it crash again?

Last edited by mat777; February 15th, 2008 at 06:01 PM.