Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows 98

Notices

Windows 98 Problem solving for the Windows 98 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old November 16th, 2001, 10:29 PM

Need help with Nortons anti virus 2000 version 6

I am not recieving my popup reminder to update every two weeks like I was. I went to their site and it says service no longer available for this product? Does that mean this product is no longer working. My subscription is not up until May of 2002.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Old November 17th, 2001, 12:42 AM

Hi Perplexed, I think that just means that particular feature isn't available anymore, But try and run a full scan and if you get results back then everything is fine. If you are still in doubt go to >>http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/ and click on the first picture(top) one and ask a question directly to them.
Old November 17th, 2001, 01:48 AM

Thanks I went to the site and clicked on the house picture (home use)and I got the following-

The versions of Norton AntiVirus listed on this page have been discontinued. Therefore, telephone and Ask Symantec support are no longer available.

For continued support, please choose from the support options listed below for your version:

Norton AntiVirus 2000 6.0 for Windows 95/98/NT

Knowledge Base

Files and Updates

Manuals and Documentation

When I clicked on contact at the bottom I got page cannot be displayed.

I ran the scan and it said no viruses found
much thanks